Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Ideas!

So, I realize that I'm not the best at keeping this blog up to date... 
I wanted to give you guys some crafty gift ideas for Christmas:


These are some envelopes that would be very cute and creative to send Christmas cards and photographs in. You simply use calligraphy techniques to write on the outside of the envelope!


My mom teaches kindergarten and I found this cute ornament idea for her, little pine cone elves! All you need is a pine cone, one brown pipe cleaner, and a wooden ball for the head. For the clothes you can cut out little pieces of felt. Just hot glue it all together!


I really like this dresser. I think I might have to go look at antique shops to find a cheap dresser or nightstand to paint like this. You can use them anywhere and they're really cute!



These mugs are so simple to make, it is crazy how easy it is! All you need is a plain white mug (which you can get from your local dollar store) and a sharpie. Draw your picture or design on the mug and then bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.


These nails are cute for Christmas, you use string to make the strand of lights, or if you're like me, just paint a strand of lights, then paint on bulbs.


I have been interested in painting wine glasses lately, and you can easily accomplish perfect glasses by using Martha Stuart glass paints from Michaels Craft stores. They can either sit for 21 days to dry or you can bake them in the oven. (Details on the bottles of paint.)

 And finally these ceramic bowls for jewelry. They are the perfect gift for the women in your life. You can make them if you feel crafty enough, or you can order them here: http://www.etsy.com/search?q=Jewelry%20Bowls&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

I hope that you all have a great holiday and I will be sure to post more this coming month on holiday gifts I've made or thought of!

Love, Sarah

1 comment: