Saturday, March 2, 2013

Vintage Maps

Have you ever wanted to go on an adventure? I feel like I am always wanting to travel to new places but have never made that happen. It's time to change that. Even if I can't physically travel to new places around the world yet, I will with my artwork. I have been completely obsessed with vintage maps and compasses the past few weeks and I cannot wait to add them to my journal. I'm even going to make a big map from coffee and tea stains along with watercolor. I want it to be decent sized so that I can hang it up on my wall at school and at home.

Here are some ideas to get your juices flowing:


This is just a simple map of the world that you can use to create your map.


Compasses are just so beautiful by themselves. I LOVE this.


Here's a huge collage of ideas


I love this picture of both the compass and the map together.


I love how this map has everything included.


Am I the only one who feels like a pirate after looking through these itching for an adventure?

I hope you guys are doing well and I am sorry that I have been slacking with my posts lately. It's been a crazy couple of months recently. Keep up with your artwork!

Love, Sarah

1 comment:

  1. OMg, I live Vintage, Stuff, I draw Vintage Sketchs Alll the TIme :)

    ReplyDelete