Thursday, December 6, 2012

Chalkboard Writing

I have been thinking about creating a chalkboard frame recently and I wanted to share with you guys some information I have found in case you want one too. 

You can buy a cheap frame from your local craft store or even from Walmart or the dollar store. All you need is chalkboard paint ( I do not recommend the spray paint version if you want a reliable chalkboard) and a piece of firm material that could withstand the paint such as plywood or Masonite. Just paint the material with the chalkboard paint and let it dry for up to at least 24 hours to make sure it is completely dry. Then mount the painted material into the frame and get creative! Write quotes, things to do, whatever comes to mind!


I like the frames that are more Victorian and  fancy like this one.


I also like the way that this frame is antiqued, if there is a way to  do that to a fancier frame, I am doing it.


These are some examples of how to write on your boards.



This website is also helpful toward helping you learning how to write on your chalkboard: http://indiecraftparade.com/blog/archives/2370

Good luck with creating your board! I am going to assemble mine when I get home from school next week and I will post it for you guys to see.

Love, Sarah

1 comment: