Friday, September 21, 2012

Recent Projects

So these are some of the most recent projects I made over the summer. I made some earring hangers and sketchbooks among other things, but these are what I have to show you:


This turquoise frame is the first earring hanger I ever
made, and I made this one for myself as a test run. 


This hanger is the second one I have made. It has the floral 
print already made into the frame.


This frame I made for my sister. I got a little more creative
with this one. It was plain like the pink one above (but still
had the floral pattern on it) and then I painted zebra stripes onto it.


This frame I made for one of my best friends. It has a
quote on it that says: "A bird doesn't sing because it has an
answer, it sings because it has a song." -Maya Angelou 


This is the first coptic stitching sketchbook I made. It has a 
floral pattern in the front as seen below.




This is another of the coptic stitch sketchbook I have made.
 It has fish on the cover.


These are just some examples of the most recent projects I have done. I try to take photos of everything I make, but of course there are some that I haven't photographed yet. I hope you guys like them! The frames are super easy to do: all you need is a frame, spraypaint, some wire mesh, scissors,  and a stapler. All I did was lay down the frame onto a bed of newspaper, then sprayed the frame holding the can at least six inches back to avoid dripping. I let the frame sit until it was completely dry (which was anywhere between 3 hours and 12 hours depending on the weather that day). Then cut the wire to the size to fit the frame and staple it in. I used a regular stapler for my frames but I recommend using a staple gun, it would hold the staples better. (I couldn't find mine...) And if you would like to learn how to make the sketchbooks, here is a great link: 


I hope you guys enjoy creating your own masterpieces!

Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment